Sally Holland is the current Children’s Commissioner for Wales, a post she’s held since April 2015
Child Com work for every child and young person in Wales who is under 18, or 25 years old if they’ve been in care.
What they do:
- Support children and young people to find out about children’s rights
- Listen to children and young people to find out what’s important to them
- Advise children, young people and those who care for them if they feel they’ve got nowhere else to go with their problems
- Influence government and other organisations who say they’re going to make a difference to children’s lives, making sure they keep their promises to children and young people
- Speak up for children and young people nationally on important issues – being the children’s champion in Wales
Click below to see Child Coms report on challenging negative media reporting of the LGBT community.